‘Our only desire and our one choice should be this: I want and I choose what better leads to God’s deepening his life in me.’
excerpt from The First Principle and Foundation, from the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius Loyola,
Contemporary Translation by David Fleming, SJ
Whether it’s the Arts, Athletics, Service, or any of a wide variety of interests and passions, CHS provides its students with the opportunity to discover and further develop the unique and God-given gifts they each possess.
- 19 interscholastic athletic teams: freshman, junior varsity, and varsity levels.
- Additional opportunities for fitness and a more casual sports experience.
- Service programs that connect students directly with our local, national and world communities.
- Several retreats that offer self reflection, a chance to meet new people and a connection to strengthen ones individual faith.
- Dozens of student clubs are designed to appeal to each young man's interest. Some examples include: Anime Club, Robotics, Ski Club, Drama Club, Culinary Club, Civil War Club, Press Corps and Chess Club. And so many more!
If a student has an interest or hobby that doesn't fit within an existing club, he is encouraged to take a leadership role and start one himself.
Our Center for the Arts building is a dedicated, modern and exceptional space that is the home to our music and art programs. With nine different music ensembles ranging from string orchestra and concert band to several different choirs and a studio art cirriculum, the Canisius community recognizes the value of performing on stage and displaying artistic works as part of a well-rounded secondary education.