Canisius High School traditionally hosts a spring signing ceremony in the school's Kennedy Field House for senior student-athletes to announce the colleges where they've committed to continue their academic and athletic careers. Parents, teachers, friends, and the news media are invited to these events. Since large gatherings, such as a signing ceremony, are currently prohibited during the pandemic, 13 Canisius student-athletes instead took part in a virtual signing event to announce their college commitments.
The student-athletes, and their chosen schools, are listed below. Congratulations to them and their families. It takes hard work and commitment to get to the next level.
These 13 commitments bring the total to 18 members of the Canisius class of 2020 who’ve so far formally announced their college athletic plans.
- Lucas Beyer – cross country at Boston College
- Jackson Boras – football at Miami, OH
- Nigel Dabney – football at Alfred University
- James Reilly Eagan – crew at Syracuse University
- Elijah Haqq – football at Alfred University
- Sam Harig – rugby at Ithaca College
- Aidan Hart-Nova – crew at College of the Holy Cross
- Oscar Neil – crew at Deerfield Academy
- Pat Notaro – rugby at Loyola, MD
- Evan Reimann – baseball at Erie Community College
- Troy Toohey – soccer at St. Lawrence University
- Dewayne Vass – basketball at Iowa Western Community College
- Hugh Wolf – football at John Carroll University
View the virtual signing event: