Chilly Challenge 5K
Join the fun on March 24, 2019!
40th Annual Canisius Chilly Challenge 5K
- March 24, 2019
- 10:00 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m. Mass in the Canisius chapel
- Starting and finishing at Canisius High School
- Post-race party featuring chili and snacks
If you prefer to print and fill out the registration form, please click the button below.
Did you know…?
- The Chilly Challenge began as a way for the Canisius track coach to gauge the condition of his distance runners in February
- Chris O’Brien ‘81 is credited with coming up with the name “Chilly Challenge”
- The Chilly Challenge is believed to be the longest consecutively run 5k race in Western New York
- The early years averaged 100-200 runners
- Recent years have averaged 470 runners
- More than 180 awards are presented each year in individual and team categories that include husband-wife, father-son, mother-son, father-daughter, mother-daughter, and grandparent-grandchild, as well as three-person teams.
SAVE THE DATE: ALL ALUMNI BASH - JUNE 14, 2019