Now accepting applicants for the 2018-19 school year, both freshmen and transfer students.
The mission of Canisius High School is to engage young men who are “open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, loving, and committed to justice.” As such, it welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, those with unique talents and perspectives who are willing to challenge themselves.
Every application to the school is evaluated on an individual basis. Admission decisions are made on the basis of:
- Performance on the entrance exam
- Past educational performance:
- Standardized testing results
In order for an application to be reviewed by the admission committee, it must be considered complete. A complete application includes the following items:
- Application form
- Transcripts/grades from 6th, 7th, and (minimally) the first quarter of the 8th grade. Please note there is a particular focus on core subject areas such as mathematics, English, science, reading, and history/social studies
- Results from the CHS entrance exam
- Standardized testing results
- A writing sample (obtained when student sits for Entrance and Scholarship Exam.)
Application for admission to Canisius High School is usually made in the fall of the student's eighth-grade year.
Have questions? Contact us via email or by phone at (716) 200-0205.
Prospective students and their families are encouraged to use the following checklist to guide them through the application process.
- Schedule a Crusader For The Day visit or a Guided Tour: A visit to Canisius High School can be arranged by contacting the admission team via email to: email@example.com or by phone at (716) 200-0205.
- Come to Open House. Take a look around and see for yourself all Canisius has to offer. At Open House, families can see the school’s world-class facilities, check out course and club offerings, and meet students, faculty, administrators, Jesuits and athletic coaches. The event takes place in October.
- Sign up for the Entrance Exam Tutorial Course. Designed to help students get ready for CHS’s entrance and scholarship exam, the prep class offers individual attention. Eight-grade students review concepts in English, mathematics and reading comprehension, as well as test-taking strategies. The Prep Course occurs on the three Saturdays prior to the exam. Participants will be scheduled to take one subject per session, from 9-11:30 a.m. The $75 program fee includes the cost of each session and the required textbook (Peterson's Catholic High School Entrance Exam Preparation Guide). HAP students are automatically enrolled in the Entrance Exam Prep Course at no additional cost.
- Register for the Entrance & Scholarship Exam. The assessment will be administered at Canisius High School for all students interested in applying. Eighth-grade students should fill out an application. Please note that the form is standardized for all Catholic high schools, although you must fill one out for each school you apply to.
TRANSFER STUDENTS WELCOME!
For transfer students, the process begins with the application. Click here to get started.
If you have questions, please call the office of admission at 200-0205.
Come see for yourself all that Canisius has to offer!
Spend a day with us as a Crusader For The Day, or schedule a private tour. Click the buttons below for more information on each option.
CLICK HERE FOR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ADMISSION PROCESS