- Sunday, October 1, 2017, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 2, 2017, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Crusader For A Day
Eighth graders have the opportunity to spend a day attending Canisius as Crusaders For A Day and experiencing the excellence of the Canisius Community.
Class of 2022 Entrance & Scholarship Exam
Students interested in applying to Canisius High School as members of the Class of 2022 should complete an application as soon as possible. The application is a standardized Diocese of Buffalo high school application. Click the button below for the application. Please select Canisius as your first choice school on the application. If you have questions, please call the office of admission at 882-0466.
Acceptance Packages Mailed to Applicants
Notice of acceptance, academic merit scholarships and tuition grants will be mailed to both first and second choice applicants by Thursday, January 18, 2018.
Registration for the Class of 2022
Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
If you missed registration day, please contact the office of admission at 882-0466 to schedule a time to register.
Seventh Grade Practice Exam
Boys currently in seventh grade are invited to take a version of the Entrance and Scholarship Exam for practice. The practice exam helps students become familiar with the exam format by taking the exam under actual testing conditions. There is NO COST for the exam, and it is open to any boy currently in seventh grade. The practice exam was offered at Canisius High School on the following dates:
- February 10, 2018
- March 24, 2018
Stay tuned for future practice exam dates.
HAP Summer Camp
The Higher Achievement Program (HAP) summer camp is specifically designed for boys who have just completed the 7th grade. Over the course of its five weeks, HAP provides participants a dynamic blend of academics, athletics, and fun each day.
HAP dates: June 25 - July 26, 2018
REGISTER FOR HAP
We're also offering one-week workshops in summer 2018:
- Video Game Design & Animation Workshop
- Robotics & Science Olympiad Workshop
- Instrumental & Choral Music Workshop
Class of 2022 Placement Testing
Saturday, May 12, 2018
- Mathematics Placement Exam: 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Language Placement Exam: 10:15 a. m. – 11:30 a. m.
If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Battin at 200-2019 or email@example.com
Instrumental Music Auditions:
What to Prepare:
- An etude or solo (example: NYSSMA, ECMEA or etude from a techniques book)
- Scales (at least three major scales)
- There will also be a short sight-reading study
- Auditions will take place after the second placement exam on Saturday, May 12, 2018. Bring instruments to the auditorium the day of auditions. Please label instruments with name and phone number.
- Prior to auditioning, students may warm-up in the auditorium
- Students will be called to Aud 1, which is the classroom off the stage, to audition
If you have questions, please email Mrs. Michalewski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Studio Art (This course will be offered if there is sufficient enrollment):
Submit portfolio of 4 – 6 original works of art in digital format (digital photos of your work). Hard copies will also be accepted.
- One or more pieces should show a proficiency in basic drawing skills
- Digital drawings and sketchbook drawings are acceptable
- Images of sculptures are welcomed
- Work should exhibit good design and creative ideas. Please do not just include copy work of popular images (cartoons, celebrities, anime).
- Email digital photos, with cover statement, to Mrs. Pitek at email@example.com or deliver physical portfolios. Address physical portfolios to Mrs. Pitek and deliver to the Canisius High School reception desk.
Have admissions questions? Contact the office of admission via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (716) 200-0205.