How to Apply: Grade 9
1. Create a CHS portal account and complete application*
► Click the button below and create your account. On your portal home page, click the green button that says begin admission process to complete your application.
CHS Portal and Application
2. Register for the Entrance and Scholarship Exam*
► Click the button below to create an account and register for the Catholic high school exam.
Select Canisius as first choice to make CHS your test site.
Register for the Exam
3. Complete your Applicant Checklist*
► Follow the checklist on your portal account. You are required to submit transcripts/final report cards from grade 6, grade 7, and as much of grade 8 as available at the time the application is submitted.
► Submit a teacher recommendation form through the CHS portal.
4. Enroll in the Entrance Exam Tutorial Course
► Prepare for success on the Entrance and Scholarship Exam.
5. Visit Canisius High School
► Take a private tour.
► Be a Crusader for the Day.
► Attend an Open House.
6. Apply for tuition assistance
► Click to learn more about merit scholarships and need-based tuition assistance.
- Do I have to take the Entrance Exam?
- Can I pre-register for the exam?
- Do all Catholic schools use the same exam?
- May I use a calculator?
- Do I need to bring my own pencils?
- If I don’t know the answer to a question, should I guess?
- Will I receive my test scores?
- Are there any study or review materials available for the HSPT exam?