Canisius High School has a long tradition of embracing appropriate technology for educational use. We have made computer labs available to our students beginning in the early 90s and have culminated our adaptation of technology for educational use by becoming a 1:1 school using iPads in 2012.
Every classroom has a digital video projector or large screen LCD, sound system and Apple TV. The Apple TV allows the instructor to display wirelessly any content on their iPad or Apple laptop to the class from any location in the classroom.
We currently have three Apple based computer labs, including labs designated for Digital Media Creation, Broadcasting, Programming and the Visual Arts as well as a lab that can be signed out by any discipline. We have additional computer resources in our library and the engineering lab.
All Canisius facilities have secure wireless and filtered access to the internet that is available to students, faculty and staff in every physical location.
The technology department is responsible for supporting every person employed by Canisius and the students by administering the following systems:
- The wireless and wired data network.
- The security and access control systems.
- The video surveillance network.
- All copiers and printers.
- Every desktop, laptop and iPad.
- The telephone and PA system.
- All software.
- All in-classroom technology.
- All network services including email and our student information system.
Our Technology Staff:
- Eric Amodeo '94, Director of Technology
- Emily Malik, Director of Educational Technology
- John Masci, Systems Administrator
- Andrew Zloty, Support Specialist