Thank you for your interest in working at Canisius High School, the premier college preparatory school for young men in Buffalo and Western New York. Should you wish to have your application on file with us, please send your resume and a letter of introduction to email@example.com.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND HEALTH TEACHER
The ideal candidate has a graduate degree, some high school teaching experience, and a willingness to promote all areas of Jesuit education.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, health, or a related field.
- Subject area knowledge of curriculum, skill-based teaching strategies and assessment.
- Master’s degree in physical education, health or a related field.
- Experience in teaching at the high school level.
- Previous coaching experience.
Responsibilities: (The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Teach health and PE classes.
- Collaborate within the department, developing curriculum, contributing to the overall function and well-being of the department and the school.
- Participate in athletic and educational professional development initiatives.
- Participate in the extracurricular life of the students and the school, including mentoring and coaching.
- Perform other tasks and assume other duties as assigned by the principal.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications received electronically will be considered. Please submit all documents in PDF format.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST
Responsibilities include handling and routing all incoming calls to the school, visitor sign in, and mail distribution.
Approximately 15 hours per week. No weekends.
Responsibilities include room resetting, snow removal, painting and general maintenance tasks as assigned. Driver's license required. To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
VARSITY CROSS COUNTRY AND OUTDOOR TRACK HEAD COACH
1. Compile coaching staff for varsity team.
2. Handle scheduling in conjunction with Athletic Director.
3. Oversee program’s budget.
4. Account for distribution and collection of equipment and uniforms.
5. Respond to inquiries regarding athletics from coaches, athletes, teachers and parents.
6. Organize postseason awards.
7. Manage rosters, medical information for team.
8. Assist with recruiting process for all student-athletes.
9. Produce practice schedules in conjunction with overall Facilities Schedule.
10. Help in the supervision and maintenance of all athletic facilities to ensure they are clean, maintained and secure.
11. Be present for Open House and other recruiting events.
12. Assist Athletic Director as needed.
To apply, please click here to submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position.