On Saturday, November 11, Canisius hosted its annual Speech and Debate Tournament, attended by eight Buffalo and Rochester schools, and Canisius took second place in overall sweepstakes results, declining the award as is the tradition of the Buffalo region of the New York State Forensic League.
Several members of the Canisius team contributed to the strong finish, including:
- James Lyon '18 - first place in Varsity Lincoln-Douglas Debate; earned a half-qualifier for States
- Dylan Prendergast '19 - first place in Varsity Extemporaneous Speaking; earned a half-qualifier for States
- Thomas Keane '18 - second place in Varsity Lincoln-Douglas Debate; earned a half-qualifier for States
- Aaron Adams '18 - third place in Varsity Extemporaneous Speaking
- Evan Rubino '21 - third place in Junior Varsity Extemporaneous Speaking, in his first tournament ever
The team goes on to The Harley School on Saturday, November 18, for its next competition.