The Freshman Retreat is a new retreat at CHS. The retreat provides all freshmen the opportunity to experience all that CHS has to offer and learn about what it means to be a Crusader. The retreat is held in February (typically the last week/weekend in February) at Canisius. The retreat runs from a Thursday afternoon through a Saturday morning. Students spend the time engaging in activities that assist in developing brotherhood, an understanding of reflection, an understanding of the broader CHS community and what it means to be a Crusader as both a student and alumni at Canisius. The retreat is planned by a team of junior and seniors and it is run by roughly 150 other students ranging from sophomores to seniors. The retreat is mandatory for all freshmen.
- Who: All Freshmen
- Where: Canisius High School
- When: 6:00 p.m. Thursday, March 2nd*, 3rd to 12:00 p.m. Saturday, 4th 2017. (Students must go home after school on the 2nd).
*Students will be departing for home on Thursday night around 9:45 p.m. and returning to CHS to check-in at 9:00 a.m. on Friday morning. Students will be sleeping over night on Friday night.
*A detailed letter will be mailed home in January discussing the schedule and other important information.
- What to Bring:
- Casual clothes (jeans, sneakers & CHS appropriate t-shirt)
- Sleeping bag and pillow on Friday
- Food if you are on a special diet
- Permission Slips: The permission slip will be posted distributed and collected through Schoology.
Mr. Christopher Pitek '00
Director of Student Formation Programs