The Canisius High School community recognizes the value of performing on stage as part of a well-rounded secondary education. Our student instrumentalists, singers, and actors excel in numerous performances throughout each school year. Students are afforded opportunities to perform as soloists and ensemble members in concerts, as leads and cast members in plays and musicals, and to fulfill vital “behind the scenes” roles for each production.
Aside from contributing to the music ministry at school Masses, choral students perform in several concerts throughout the school year, both at the school and in the wider Western New York community. A particularly moving CHS tradition is the presentation of “Lessons and Carols” each Christmastime at local churches. Concert band, string orchestra, guitar ensembles, and handbell ensembles likewise present several concerts and chamber music recitals each year. For the theater-minded, each year a major play and musical are produced.
For more information on fine arts, please email Mr. Kevin Durkin, fine arts department chair, at email@example.com, or call 716.882.0466 x308.
- Fall Drama: November 2, 3, 4, 2017, CHS auditorium
- Fall Concert: November 15, 2017 7:00 p.m. CHS auditorium
- Lessons and Carols: December 13, 2017 7:30 p.m. St. Louis Church
- Spring Musical: March 8, 9, 10, 2018 CHS auditorium
- Spring Concert: April 17, 2018 7:00 p.m. CHS auditorium